Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Confessions of a Spooner


My dog spoons with me.
I know, it's sick, but also very sweet. That is if the mood strikes everybody involved right!
The other morning while fast asleep I heard the thundering footsteps of what could only be a 25 lb. shepherd/lab with the motive of love! Some pets would stealthily creep into the room so as not to be discovered and exiled, but not Zoe. In a moment of sheer elation upon seeing me curled there under the covers, she sprung in the air like a graceful ballerina and belly-flopped on my face. It gave new meaning to the word: DOGPILE!!
As I sputtered and tried to call for help with a mouthful of fur in her four-legged embrace she suddenly stopped, as if to realize she had infact attained pooch paradise by being in a "no-no zone," she dropped dead as a horse on the edge of the bed! She proceeded to "spoon me" for a half-hour growling menacingly at Tony every time she suspected he was trying to remove her from her rightful place!
And so begins the age of spooning in our home. However, I'm a little concerned for when our dog approaches the 60 lb. mark!
Buuuttt! I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

8 Comments:

At 12:54 AM, Blogger the Haazens :) said...

Awe Zoe-Zoe, you've got 'em wrapped around your little, uh, paw!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

i've spooned with a 60 lb dog, and it's just as sweet! however around that size zoe is probably going to want most of the bed to herself and will use her paws to inch you over!

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger ZimZen said...

Yeah, I'm thinkin Tone won't be a fan of that!

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

are u still there? let's chat sometime! i'll call soon

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger the Haazens :) said...

Bring on the 'new do' pics! I'm still trying to imagine it with no pink streaks.

Have a wonderful weekend away=)

Love ya,
T=)

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger the Haazens :) said...

NO MORE SPOONS...NO MORE SPOONS!

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger the Haazens :) said...

Heyee!

Just wanted to say 'love ya' and thanks for the phone call=) It's always so nice to hear your voice!

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger JHoos said...

Hi! I realize it has been a long, long time, but I was reading your blog and realized that I missed you! How are you?

Also, I just had to comment on the Petra video from a previous post. That is hilarious! Did that ever bring back memories!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home