Saturday, May 27, 2006

American Idol 2006 Rocked!



Now that Season 5 has finished it's "boohoo" and many tears for us Zimms, who were diehard faithful fans. Go Elliot!! We rooted for him bigtime due to the fact that he is nearly half deaf. As two "hearingly challenged" people we take our aids off to you Elliot, Woohoo! Plus, I totally dug that soul voice that was so given er at all the vocal runs. Very stellar. Elliot should totally get sponsorship from the Canadian Hearing Society. His whole stage for future concerts could be decorated in ears, and they could hand out plugs at the door!
"One giant step, one small ear for mankind!"


Our second favorite idol was of course the lovely Mandisa, or better known as "Mandiva." She was given the boot out of the competition after singing a Shania Twain song... now that's just wrong in my opinion! She has amazing pipes, and appears to be a Christian, but unfortunately her selection of a very "white", very country-western, nasally song didn't exactly fit. "Man, I feel like a dorcas!"
I think Mandisa will definately be the next CeCe Williams. Go Diva! But stay away from country!

Overall, it was a rockin 5th season, and we admit that we were totally on "tenderhooks" to see who won. As a first-timer t.v. show addict, I'm not sure how I should feel about the grand finale, I mean where's my closure? Better luck next season! Good luck finding another blonde headed bimbo like Kellie Pickler! We shall miss her most of all! To quote my husband, "...nobody's that stupid right?" As if!!!

3 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Blogger the Haazens :) said...

I had no idea you guys were die hard AI fans! I didn't watch one episode so have no clue who any of those people are. The last time I got into a show like that was Canadian Idol when Billy Klippert was on....he liked me when we were kids...EWWW!

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger ZimZen said...

Shame, shame T! This season was hilariously funny. Some of the contestants could've starred in Legally Blonde 3 (if they ever make one, which I hope not!)Poor Billy Klippert, another heart that bit the dust! I remember him, he was the one with the freaky hand flutters when he sang. Ewww!

 
At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pick Pickler!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home