Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Sauble Saints

Heh! Thought I would never post again did ya? Well... maybe you were right in part. The jury's still out on the facebook thing, but I must say it's easier in some ways...

This post is to pay tribute to our weekend away on the May 24 holiday. We managed to get away for a few days to visit Tony's stellar aunt and uncle who live outside Sauble Beach, Ontario of course. It was a fab fam time.




Aunt Ruth and Uncle Lee are two very cool cats that do missions work every year in Zambia, yay! We got to hear some war stories (literally) from their recent trip over, as well as to sample A-Ruth's fine cookin. Deelish!

Before leaving we also worked in a jaunt in the canoe (one of my favorite childhood memories...) Nothing makes me feel more like an Ontarian than when I'm drifting on a northern (Muskoka preferred) lake and catch the lilting call of a loon a mile or so off in the distance. In this case, the loon was replaced by Tony and the call was his voice telling me to "paddle!" Ew well you get the idea. It was a great vaca and next month we hope to go up again :) Hooray for awesome family, and free getaways!!


5 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger the Haazens :) said...

We just got back from a little free getaway ourselves so I second your 'YAY'!! I miss ya SS...when's it time for our next visit?

Love your hair BTW!

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger the Haazens :) said...

Love you too, not just your hair =)

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger ZimZen said...

Oh Teeter! I was wondering if anyone ever looked at this thing! I hadn't posted in so long, I practically grew a beard...Ahem.

About the visit... I hear WestJet has sales... :)LOL
My hair was so annoying in the pic due to length that I started letting er fip out... Kind of a Kitty Foreman thing from That 70's Show.. Yikes..
Love Ya Too SS

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Hey, looks beautiful there! Hope you're havin' a good day, thinkin' of you

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Desiree said...

I like your hair, looking very hip out there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home