Friday, August 04, 2006

Horror on Holiday...



A few nights ago while enjoying a leisurely swim in our local Holiday Inn pool a disaster occurred. A disaster of such magnitude that it's difficult to find words to express the impression it made on the general public of the pool that fateful night...

There in the middle of a tranquil night, whilst Tony and I calmly floated in the aqua refreshment of "our pool" lay something so horrible that the children's' screams from the deck caused our bones to chill...

Without a shadow of a doubt, it was in fact POO! Some child with bowels of evidently jello had "let loose" without warning and softly, yet gently laid to rest a "gift" for the rest of us that fateful night. Mr. Hanky was released back into the wild, er rather the suburbs!

At first the poolside murmurs were low, until one insightful mother shrieked the words never to be forgotten,"everybody out! There's poo in the pool!" With deft and steady hands the bravehearted mom scooped the specimen, and with horrified onlookers screaming, "out, everybody out!!" She flung Mr. Hanky with enough force to impress even a major league ball player during his best inning! It was done. The poo lay forlorn in the grass alongside the pool as terrified parents scuttled their children to safety.

I often wonder what became of Mr. Hanky that night... my only hope is that an extra observant poolside attendant found him before a certain riding mower undoubtedly would! The experience changed me forever, and definitely created new meaning for me when I hear the expression, "I'm just dropping the kids off at the pool..."

So long Mr. Hanky, I don't think you'll be missed!





3 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

And so Mr Hanky says, "Hidey Ho!"

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger the Haazens :) said...

I ate poo once you know. I can tell you the whole story sometime if you want!

Cynci, you never fail to bring a smile to my lips and a tear to my eye...I LOVE THAT STORY, I think mostly cause of the storyteller=)

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger ZimZen said...

Love Ya too! Says Mr. Hanky :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home