Sunday, March 26, 2006

SWIMMING WITH SENIORS

I started swimming at our local Holiday Inn in a class with seniors last week. Have you ever watched a 72 year old with a pink pool-noodle do the twist underwater? Funny's not really the word! A guy in the class (Gary) invited me to join and even went out of his way to introduce me to the 20's something aquatics instructor. I forgot how kind older peeps can be! Needless to say I spent most of the 30 minutes smirking at the pink pool-noodle lady, and waving at my new friend Gary who kept smiling encouragingly everytime I messed up the legwork. I think I'm going to go back and hang with those seniors... After all, they have to be a pretty cool bunch to be able to leglift underwater to "Rhythmn is a Dancer!"

5 Comments:

At 12:32 AM, Blogger the Haazens :) said...

Thanks for that! I needed a good ha-ha today=) I can just picture it! How does your everyday life somehow create such hilarity? I love it...ok, let's go break open some coconuts boys! T=)

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger ZimZen said...

I failed to mention that Gary, the guy that invited me to go in the first place, was sportin those "old man, extremely tight" swim trunks in a fire engine red! Yikes!!

The "hilarity" must be my bizzare sense of humour! Hee! Hee!

C:)

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

There are some sweet seniors who come to the gym. Some of them can really work it!

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger ZimZen said...

Work it, work it!!

Welcome back Dags! SUPERSTAR!!

 
At 2:18 AM, Blogger ZimZen said...

Missed Ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home